Tuesday, May 25, 2010

My first attempt at African Flowers (hex)

 
      Lately I have been trying  new techniques and stitches. I also wanted to make some hexagons instead of squares.
 So I joined a group on Flickr and found a nice tutorial. Here is my lowly attempt at making an  african flower.
It is made with LionBrand Suede in sage and fushia.
This could become a pillow cover very easily. It is a very soft yarn. 
The pattern is a little tricky at first but after the first couple of rows you get the hang of it.  It could have been the yarn or just my tension but it was hard to see where to put my hook in some places.
Here is the link to the pattern. Click the title of post to continue...

 
African Flower hex by Elizabeth Cat


http://byelizabethcat.blogspot.com/2010/05/short-story-of-my-african-flower.html

Also I found a pictorial  of how it is put together I found after the fact lol and will use on the next one for reference lol
pictorial:

http://heidibearscreative.blogspot.com/2010/05/african-flower-hexagon-crochet-tutorial.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting!:=)

What I blog about most...

Related Posts with Thumbnails